Integrated Human Resources & Payroll System
Unit4 Business World’s Human Resources (HR) and Payroll offers fully integrated functionality enabling HR and payroll departments to access, process, operate and manage all aspects of the organisation’s hire-to-retire cycle and payroll functions. Enquiry, reporting and analysis tools help managers to gain a clearer insight into an organisation’s resources.
The HR and Payroll system is particularly suited to evolving organisations that have an ongoing need to alter ERP system setup, in response to internal or external change — keeping personnel information organised and under control, no matter how disparate, fast-changing or intricate.
Who is it for?
This module provides a comprehensive range of tools to help HR and payroll teams perform their roles. Workflow and employee self-service facilities help reduce duplication, minimising the time spent by staff on day-to-day administration. Inquiry, reporting and analysis tools help managers to gain a clearer insight into an organisation’s resources — no matter how turbulent the situation.
How can it help?
Unit4’s Human Resources tool enables the creation of comprehensive employee records, with an unlimited variety of user-definable information fields. The module’s document archive plays a fundamental role in this, allowing electronic documents (such as résumés) to be attached, so that all critical employee information is brought together in one central repository. In addition, user-defined workflow improves monitoring and control of HR processes, ensuring effective communication and timely handling of tasks.
Self Service Timesheets, Expenses and Absences capabilities make it easy for your team to keep track of their time, record expenses and book time-off. Collaboration and task management tools ensure your team is on top of their time while managers can quickly resolve potential issues, approve submissions and report and analyse time management. In addition, a full suite of mobile apps allows you to complete tasks whether you’re in the office, at home or on the road.
Easy, effective security and system administration
Unit4 Business World offers integrated system-wide administration and security to protect employee information and segregate payroll, personnel and project management data. Our software enables IT departments to establish audit trails and implement internal control policies as required.
Core functionality of our HR and Payroll software
- Fully Integrated Human Resources Software;
- Personnel administration to manage the employee life cycle;
- People Planner for effective resourcing and project utilisations;
- Competence analysis to enable HR to define the organisation’s skills matrix and to identify strengths of employees and applicants;
- Resource planning and deployment integration to maximise employee and enterprise efficiency;
- Recruitment support, to collect applicant data and competencies and track the hire process with business alerts and reminder tasks;
- Salary review: to handle the salary setting process efficiently and on a devolved basis;
- Absence monitoring and tracking for full absence-management reporting, as well as analysis to identify repeat patterns, which can indicate stress-related illnesses, potential job dissatisfaction or other problems, and integration to Payroll to facilitate occupational and statutory pay arrangements;
- Employee travel and expense handling, to calculate allowances and process the reimbursement of expenses;
- Microsoft Word and Excel integration to automate the creation of employee and applicant letters, forms and reports based on master file data;
- Fully Integrated Payroll;
- Enabling complete payroll configuration and the definition of unlimited payments and deductions (P&D) codes to create distinct pay structures;
- Functionality for payroll simulation, re-runs, reversal and back-pay calculations to ensure accuracy, efficiency and timeliness;
- Simplified administration of payroll by defining employees by position;
- General Ledger analysis that is linked to different positions to ensure accurate allocation of costs.
Complete payroll solution
Our Payroll makes it easy to reflect the exact pay, benefits and deductions arrangements that relate to each individual employee, as well as full administration and tracking of roles and positions and sophisticated reporting and modelling. It can handle the requirements of even the most complex organisations — including the multiple posts, multiple pay scales and seniority processing of the public sector. Complex employment agreements can be easily catered for.
It is also an extremely effective global solution with multi-client structure and built-in flexibility for international deployment. Local add-ins handle regional statutory calculations, specialist payments and deductions, and government reporting for different payroll jurisdictions.
What is the Business World Advantage
A broader, integrated solution
The strengths of the HR and Payroll module are multiplied, when used as a fully integrated part of the broader Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution. For example:
Detailed costs are captured in Unit4 Business World’s Payroll and summarised at the appropriate level in the General Ledger for effective business analysis without time-consuming reconciliations. Also, pay costs are transferred seamlessly into the Planner module for building budgets.
Seamless coordination with the Project module offers users up-to-date, well-managed competence data for resourcing projects.
You Make the Rules with Unit4 Business World
Unit4 Business World is a cloud ERP solution that enables service-centric organisations in the public and private sectors to gain a significant advantage over their peers. Its leading-edge architecture facilitates faster innovation at a lower cost and with less disruption. The result is more opportunity and smarter operations.
- Easy Growth – Business World customers have the ability to scale up quickly and easily;
- Effortless Innovation – Experimentation and innovation are built into Unit4’s flexible finance and accounting structures;
- Seamless Mergers and Acquisitions – The system supports a streamlined integration of acquisitions, as it establishes controls and compliance without disrupting operations;
- Efficient Divestiture – In times of change, you can scale back quickly and smoothly, as you effectively manage divestment scenarios;
- Reduced Operational Costs – Users eliminate inefficiencies and spend more time and money on the customer and addressing risk.
Business World customers enjoy business flexibility* in addition to lower TCO** because they need a fraction of the usual resources required to operate and evolve the system.
*IDC Survey “The Financial Impact of ERP Architecture on the Annual Cost of Business Change”
**Eval-Source market comparison “Which ERP Architecture Best Handles Business Change?”